Last week, I touched on what I wore to WWDMAGIC, today I move on to my discoveries. I would classify my favorite moments as discoveries since it was a non-stop learning experience as you can imagine.
1. Good design and a fashion line can happen at any age. I had the opportunity to meet Isabella Rose Taylor, the youngest designer at WWDMAGIC. Isabella is 12-years old and debuted her collection in the Emerging Designer Showcase. When I spoke with her, Nordstrom had already picked up items from her junior’s line.
2. Bold accessories are here to stay. Whether they are statement necklaces or avant garde rings, accessories that elevate any outfit are here for Fall 2014. Stella Nemiro‘s line makes a statement on its own and is designed for the woman who wants to be center of attention when she walks into a cocktail soiree.
3. The ethereal gypsy is on point all year round. Gypsy Junkies‘ Fall collection is a prelude to easy breezy California lifestyle. From lace adorned crop tops to burnout velvet dresses, Gypsy Junkies has ladies covered from Coachella and beyond. My favorites from the line were the mixed fabric palazzo pants that can be dressed up for the office, or paired with a crop top for weekend casual.
4. Chartreuse is a difficult but a must-have color for Fall. Chartreuse is a color I kept seeing on the WWDMAGIC floor. Darling Clothes has chartreuse covered for Fall in a variety of pieces and fun textures and fabrics. Darling Clothes is at the top of my list for fun and sophisticated pieces to get me a fashion-forward office look.
5. Gypsy jet-set is the new woman’s office wear. Amanda, the designer of The House of Perna, not only understands the ever changing style for women, but know how to accentuate a woman’s body in her tailored silk separates. The line is designed for the fashion forward woman who loves to go from work to happy hour and then fly away for a weekend getaway!
6. Sophisticated can be edgy. Although we hear this ever so often in the fashion world, Eli Noir has edgy sophisticate covered. The bold colors and strategically placed cutouts on her dresses take simple dressing up a notch. The line is what you’ll find in the closets of fashion forward corporettes who also like visiting gallery openings after office hours.
7. Young and mature does exist in one garment. Lush Clothing, despite specializing in younger women’s clothing, has a lot of great pieces for more mature women looking for a bohemian feel at an affordable price. The line features jumpsuits in a variety of silhouettes, patterns, and fabrics.
8. Handmade can be modern and elegant. Accessories by RMD features handmade jewelry in leather and silver and gold chrome rings. The final product is a statement piece that is unlike anything else, featuring abstract pieces that are begging to worn to an elegant dinner.
9. Fall is pretty in cobalt and coral. Aryn K. is a line dedicated to feminine and simple modern aesthetics. The fall collection is no exception; it features unique prints and beautiful shades of cobalt and coral. The colors are featured on singular pieces or designed as separate garments when paired together are all together different.
10. According to our friend, Hal Rubenstein, don’t ever leave the house in sweats. Lucy Paris has casual chic covered for all the ladies. This line of vibrant basics and fun casuals eliminates the need for a jeans and tee kind of day; the pieces feel as comfortable as the classic, but they make a statement in all the right ways.