Alan and I spent part of Fourth of July weekend in Malibu to get in as much sunshine and beach time as possible. We usually bring a picnic, but we opted to grab some fish tacos at Malibu Seafood before hitting the beach so I packed healthy and refreshing snacks, along with some essentials.
Whether you like to lug around your summer must-haves and beach basics, a properly stocked beach tote is essential in promising you’ll have a fabulous beach escape. These are my beach bag must-haves:
- For starters, a large beach bag to contain all of my stuff. I love these french market bags since they can also be used for the farmers’ market as well as beach days.
- Every beach bag needs a towel or picnic-style blanket.
- An assortment of reading materials is essential – I like to mix it up with fashion or interior design magazines and a book.
- A stylish beach chair like this foldable rattan one! Say bye bye to the old school “dad” beach chair and bring this beauty along.
- Skin care and safety is the most important item. I opt for sun block in at least 40 SPF and remember to apply every 2 hours. Plus, a straw hat offers more protection.
- I usually snack on fruits and veggies so although I love chips and dip for the beach, I also pack cherries and banana chips.
- I keep a waterproof makeup bag in my beach bag for beauty must-haves like lip balm, bronzer, and deodorant (love these deodorant wipes) in case we head out to dinner or drinks after the day at the beach.
Pull together these beach bag essentials and tuck them in a cute tote and you are ready for the beach.
Yay! I’m so glad you used a smiling photo 🙂