Alan and I spent part of Fourth of July weekend in Malibu to get in as much sunshine and beach time as possible. We usually bring a picnic, but we opted to grab some fish tacos at Malibu Seafood before hitting the beach so I packed healthy and refreshing snacks, along with some essentials.
Whether you like to lug around your summer must-haves and beach basics, a properly stocked beach tote is essential in promising you’ll have a fabulous beach escape. These are my beach bag must-haves:
- Bottled Iced Coffee or Iced Tea is my beverage of choice for beach days as it keeps me refreshed all day, while giving me much needed dose of caffeine.
- Every beach bag needs a towel or picnic-style blanket.
- An assortment of reading materials is essential – I like to mix it up with fashion and design magazines.
- Sunglasses not only protect my eyes from the bright rays, but the perfect shades add a flair of style at the beach.
- Skin care and safety is the most important item. I opt for sun block in at least 40 SPF and remember to apply every 2 hours. Plus, a floppy straw hat offers more protection.
- Healthy snacks go hand in hand with maintaining a beach ready body, so I leave the chips and dip at home and instead pack healthy snacks like cherries and banana chips.
- I keep a waterproof makeup bag in my beach bag for beauty must-haves like lip balm, bronzer, and deodorant (love these deodorant wipes) in case we head out to dinner or drinks after the day at the beach.
Pull together these beach bag essentials and tuck them in a cute tote and you are ready for the beach.