The holidays are just around the corner and if you’re anything like me, you have a massive shopping list to get through before the big day – I’ve partnered with Target to bring you a simple idea to help! I usually search far and wide, high and low for the perfect gift but admittedly overlook a simple yet universally loved gift, the gift card. I love receiving gift cards because I can pick what I want, but I always have reservations about gifting a gift card. But, I’m wrong. Giving a gift card can be a thoughtful, warm, and personal gift especially when you get creative with the actual gifting process. Sticking a gift card in an envelope with a bow is so last year! For just a few extra dollars, you can transform a gift card into a memorable and special gift that both you and the recipient will love and cherish.
This year, get through your shopping list quickly by shopping for Target GiftCards® and get creative with the presentation of the gift. I’ve been thinking of inventive options for sometime now, but my favorite is the Target GiftCard® Snow Globe. All it takes are a few items from your local Target store and 30 minutes and you’ll be gifting the most inspired gift card – guaranteed! The final product looks like a snow globe that the gift recipient can use as decor, but serves as the vehicle to gift the Target GiftCard®.
Items you’ll need & how to assemble:
Target GiftCard® | Glass Jar with Lid | Glitter Spray | E6000 Glue | Cotton Balls | Snow Flurries | Miniature Trees & People
1. Start with assembling the items in the jar the way you’d like the final “snow globe” to look like. This will also ensure all of the pieces will fit on the lid (remember, you’ll be assembling with the jar upside down!).
2. Spray a light coat of glitter spray to the bottom and 3 sides of the jar. While the glitter spray is wet, sprinkle snow flurries into the jar to give the effect of snow. Allow to dry 5 minutes.
3. Lightly dab some E6000 glue on the back of the Target GiftCard® and stick directly inside the jar. Make sure you’re sticking on the inside surface so when the snow globe is finished you can see the gift card from the “front” of the jar. E6000 is a powerful glue that will bond to both the flurries and glitter, but is flexible enough to allow for gift card retrieval! Allow to dry 10 minutes.
4. Glue the trees and people to the inner part of the jar. Finish with cotton balls and more flurries.
5. Close the jar carefully and you’re done! Feel free to use the gift as a decor item around your home until you give the gift.
This is super cute! Love it.