Any chance to organize, plan, and re-organize again is a day well spent in my book, and giving my summer wardrobe a refresh is no exception. Although there isn’t much variance in the weather or seasons here in Los Angeles, I like to circulate my winter and summer wardrobes. I usually dedicate an afternoon to my summer refresh and by the end of the day, I feel confident and excited for the season ahead. My trick is to get dressed up for the occasion (in a party dress nonetheless) and perk up with a Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee. My favorite is the Vanilla flavored Iced Coffee which is a perfectly sweet pick me up.
Here are my five tips for giving your wardrobe the summer refresh:
1. Plan. This may seem obvious, but you have to have a plan in place before you even begin. Identify your goals (e.g. do you want to reduce clutter, do you want to focus on key trends, or are you simply trying to organize your closet).
2. Edit. Even if you are not ready to discard some items, you have to edit your wardrobe. Whether it’s parting with that blouse you haven’t worn in ages or separating a skirt suit so you can remember to wear the blazer on it’s own is an important step you need to take. Create two piles: donation and consignment. If you have an expensive bag you have barely used, consider listing it through a consignment store while good quality clothing and accessories should be donated. I’m fortunate to have an extra closet which I use to store out of season clothing and shoes, so anything that I consider winterwear including bulky dark pieces, go into storage.
3. Accessorize. Don’t forget to go through your shoes, handbags, accessories, and makeup. Just like your wardrobe, you should have a plan of action for your accessories. The straw tote that has been hiding in the back of you closet can sit front and center. Same with your coral lipstick and minty jewelry.
4. Style. I like to style 10 go-to outfits at the beginning of every season. This way, I never get stuck standing in front of the closet not sure of what to wear. I come up with a good mix of work, casual, and going out outfits that are fool proof and will stay just as fresh through the season.
5. Shop. Even the most frugal and budget conscious need staples at the beginning of each season. After going through my closet overhaul and I know what I have and don’t have, I create a list of items I want. This season, I’m shopping for matchy two-piece sets and platforms sandals.Bottled Starbucks® Iced Coffee beverages are the perfect blend of premium Starbucks coffee and 2 percent milk. Available in four delicious offerings: Coffee + Milk, Low Calorie Coffee + Milk, Vanilla, and Caramel, Starbucks Iced Coffee ready-to-drink beverages are the perfect on-the-go refreshment to get you through the daily commute, big projects such as spring cleaning, or an exciting road trip with friends. Look for it at major grocery and convenience stores, available nationwide. Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Starbucks Coffee Company via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Starbucks Coffee Company.