It’s National Vodka Day so it only seems appropriate to celebrate with one of my favorite classic or vintage drinks – Moscow Mules! I love the refreshing flavor of Moscow Mules and they are a crowd pleaser all year round at our home. Lately, I’ve been testing out some new flavors for this classic cocktail and my favorite is to make them spicy! I really love spicy cocktails as they balance out the sweetness but bring out so many flavors. For this version of a Moscow Mule, I used serrano peppers which have a bit more kick than jalapenos, but that only means more amazing flavor in your cocktail.
Get the recipe below. Cheers!
Spicy Moscow Mule
Recipe is for 2 cocktails
• 1 thinly sliced serrano pepper
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1/4 cup ounces Smirnoff vodka
• 1 cup Cock’n Bull ginger beer
• 2 lime wheels or wedges for garnish
• 2 fresh mint sprigs for garnish
• Put copper mugs in freezer for 5 minutes to chill.
• Squeeze lime juice and drop in 1-2 serrano pepper slices in copper mug. Use the back of a wooden spoon to muddle together the serrano slices and lime juice.
• Pour in vodka and stir.
• Fill copper mug with ice and top off ginger beer.
• Serve with additional serrano slices lime wedge, and mint sprig for garnish.
This post is in collaboration with TheBar.com
This looks delicious. I have to try it because I love spicy drinks.
Thanks Adriana! You will definitely love this cocktail! xx
Moscow Mule has regained huge popularity.I have tried various recipes be it strawberry mule or blackberry mule.But I haven’t tasted a spicy mule yet. That is one such creative idea.
I am going to try it for sure.
Thanks and keep posting 🙂