This is one of those highly requested blog posts that I’m happy to finally share with you. I think working out is such an important thing for our emotional, mental and physical health! It reminds me of the scene from Legally Blonde when Elle says “Exercise gives you endorphins; endorphins make you happy, happy people just don’t shoot their husbands!” I feel better, sleep better and am more focused in my day to day when I work out regularly. I’ve been doing P.Volve for almost a year now and I’m still obsessed with it. There are a lot of at home workout routines that I have tried over the years which get stale and boring after a while, but not P.Volve. It keeps me motivated and it’s an easy workout for me to integrate into my hectic schedule.
My Weekly Fitness Routine
I do P.Volve about 3-5 times a week and usually work out at the end of the day, while Alan gives Harlee a bath. I find that it’s a great way for me to decompress and gives me a boost of energy right when I’m about to crash (around 7pm). Sometimes I do workout in the morning and I carve out 20-30 minutes of time for myself. I also try to swim 1-2 times a week for about 20 minutes as well but this doesn’t always happen.
I am naturally petite (5’3″) and slender (110 lbs) and have always been an athlete. Whether or not I work out, I will still have my petite frame and stay at the same weight. I share this because I want to be transparent. Working out for me is a way to decompress and manage my stress and anxiety. Plus, it keeps me fit and healthy! Trust me, once I hit 35 I noticed that gravity started taking a toll (hello saggy butt), so that’s another motivational tool for me and why I have saves 20 go-to butt exercises on the P.Volve app.
You know I love wine and ice cream and I never deprive myself of the food I love, but I do so in moderation. I’d say our diet (for Alan and Harlee, too) is most similar to a Mediterranean diet with reduced dairy and gluten. I’m Armenian so this is how I was raised naturally and we all love fresh foods with veggies, fish, healthy grains, and fruit. I’m a firm believer that the food you eat, fuels or drains you so we fill up on the good stuff and enjoy sweets (and wine for the adults) as a treat.
Over the last 10-15 years, I’ve done yoga, pilates, cycling, weights, boxing, running…you name it! I like working out, but it hasn’t always been easy to find a workout that I actually enjoyed and could stick to as my lifestyle changed. P.Volve changed that.
- I can personalize my workouts. I can customize workouts based on area of focus (e.g. arms, thighs, whole body) as well as the workout time. There are workouts ranging from 15 minutes to 50 minutes! I usually do 20-30 minutes since that’s all I have time for.
- I can work out at home! This is a big one for me. I don’t want to spend time driving to a gym, parking, etc; I’d rather spend that time on a workout or catching up on work.
- It’s low impact. My acupuncturist told me to ditch the super high impact workouts I was doing as they were too hard on my body. I used to be a competitive swimmer for 12 years and although swimming is an insane workout for the body, it is easy on the joints, muscles, and overall body health. Since I can’t swim everyday, I supplement with P.Volve. The exercises are meant to be done slowly and there isn’t any heavy lifting or jumping. I used the equipment to maximize the workout and even then, it’s easy on my joints and my body.
- It’s only $30 a month. That’s about $100-$150 cheaper than the gym or specialty workout membership.
- Workouts are easy to follow. There are informative beginner videos, plus each workout is really easy to follow. I’ve never
- It works! I know that sounds like the belly tea scam, but I promise I got results from doing the workouts a few times a week.
You can probably do the P.Volve workout without any equipment, but I think the p.ball, weights, bands and other equipment boosts the workout for better results since they help you focus on the specific muscles you’re exercising. If you’re just starting out, I’d say definitely get the p.ball and p.band. These will help you define your thighs, butt and arms. Once you’re ready to add on, that’s when you should get: heavy ankle band, heavy ankle bands, gliders and 2lb weights.