An overnight stay at a hotel transports me into a blissful and relaxed state of mind that lasts with me long after returning home. It’s one of my favorite parts about traveling. From lush bedding and towels to aromatic toiletries and tranquil decor, hotels are designed to be the most comfortable guest room. With that in mind, I bring that home to my guest room. Although everyone likes to joke about that guest who just won’t leave, at the end of the day we want to make every guest’s stay at our home comfortable and welcoming. These guest room essentials will ensure that hotel quality stay for your guests, with the personal touch of home.
1. Fresh Linens. There’s nothing quite like curling up in bed with fresh sheets. A set of nice linens and cozy towels will go a long way with your guests. Plus, spritz them with lavender spray so a light and fresh scent.
2. Luggage Rack. A luggage rack is often overlooked, but it’s one of those little things that will make your guest’s stay that much better. It makes packing and unpacking easy for your guests, but it also folds up for easy storage.
3. Toiletries. Stock up a basket with toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, lotion and other essentials for you guest.
4. A Cozy Nook. Create a sitting area with a comfortable chair, reading light, fresh flowers and small accent table. It’s a nice retreat for your guest to enjoy a book, cup of coffee, or glass of wine.
5. Travel Guides. I always like to have a travel guide and the Weekly as well as other information on events, exhibits, or new and interesting things to see.
If I had one..:O Wish I lived bigger. Ah well, dreaming is fun too